Walking Shadow offers in-depth personalized mentorships to students who want to work with our professional artists. Each mentorship covers the span of a single production.
We currently offer opportunities in three fields: Stage Management, Directing or Lighting Design. Student mentees work one-on-one with a professional theatre artist to gain real-world training. Through hands-on work for the duration of the production, students will develop practical insight into the workings of a small professional theatre.
The mentor and project coordinator work to determine the needs, interests, and schedule for each student mentee. A small stipend may be available to help cover travel expenses.
- Must be a student (middle-school to college-age)
- Must have previous experience in theatre
- Should be available for the majority of rehearsal, tech or performances depending on specific duties; reasonable accommodations will be made for schedules.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to participate in an interview process.
- Resume indicating previous theatrical experience
- contact information for 2 people who can serve as references
- A brief essay describing what you hope to learn and how this experience fits into your path in the theater